From Lynn Gunn's German singing to Waterparks' Spanish serenading, here are the most memorable moments from our Google Translate game this year.
We like to play games here at Rock Sound so throughout this year, we have been taking band's most famous lyrics, mangling them through Google Translate into French, German, Spanish and Italian, and seeing if they can guess what song they are from. It's a game we like to call 'Translate The Lyric' and it has been a lot of fun.
Here's just a few of the highlights we've seen from throughout this year:
1. LYNN GUNN SINGING 'MEIN HAUS'
It really does sound almost better in German doesn't it?
2. PATTY & BEN FROM AS IT IS GETTING OUR FIRST SET OF FULL MARKS
These boys always nail all our games don't they?
3. OTTO AND GEOFF FROM WATERPARKS SINGING 'STUPID FOR YOU' IN SPANISH
We demand a full Spanish-language cover at your nearest convenience.
4. SIMON NEIL FROM BIFFY CLYRO SHOWING OFF HIS BEST GAELIC
We had to throw in a bonus question for the Scottish lads and they did not disappoint.
5. JACOBY SHADDIX SINGING HIS SPANISH VERSION OF PAPA ROACH'S 'SCARS'
So beautiful he just couldn't stop.
6. CHASE ATLANTIC SHOWING OFF THEIR FINEST ACCENTS
Where were you when Christian Anthony invented the French language?
7. DALLON WEEKES REALISING THAT THIS GAME IS SECRETLY 'SADISTIC'
Sorry Dallon. But, hey, you still did pretty well!
So, who should we play this game with in 2019? Let us know!
In the meantime, check out the full playlist of 'Translate The Lyric' below: