The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
1. Who we are?
This website is owned and operated by Rock Sound Ltd., a company registered in England no. 3657331. Earning and keeping the trust of our users is important to us and Rock Sound is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK and will be happy to deal with any queries or requests regarding the data we hold about you. We can be contacted by email at [email protected] or by post to Privacy Manager, Rock Sound Ltd, Unit 1.37 East London Works, 75 Whitechapel Road, London E1 1DU
2. What personal data do we collect about you and how do we use it?
When you register on our website, take part in a competition, participate with social media functions on our website or place an order, we may collect your personal details which may include name, address, phone number and other personal information that we will use to identify you. This allows us to process your order and provide you with the goods or service chosen. Our Apple, Android or other apps may collect user data, which we use to learn about our readers and improve our apps. We do not collect sensitive information (also known as special categories of information) about you. We do collect some information from cookies and similar software which allows us to understand how you arrive on our websites, and use and navigate round them so we can improve the site. We obtain some information from Google Analytics which is anonymous and other social media platforms for example Facebook. The social media information provided is limited and only that which you have previously agreed with them that they can share.
3. What we do with your Information?
We will use your personal information for a number of purposes including
• To process your orders and provide our services, goods or online content, to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and queries.
• For administration purposes which means we may contact you for reason related to goods or services ordered or online content you have signed up for, to let you know that a service or online site has been suspended for maintenance, if your subscription is about to expire to ask if you wish to renew it or if an online account has become dormant to ask if you wish to retain the account before we close it.
• To provide personalised communications.
• Where we provide personalised services, we may analyse the information you supply, as well as your activity on our (and other) services, so we can offer a more relevant, tailored service.
• A certain amount of advertising is tailored to the individual based on viewing and/or purchase habits. This is a common practice known as online behavioural advertising
• We may show you relevant advertising on third party sites.
• To contact you about a submission you have made including any content you provide.
• We use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the location of users, to establish the number of visits from different countries, to limit/cap adverts of a certain type, personalise content and emails.
• For analysis and research to improve our services and goods offered.
• We may use and disclose information in aggregate (so no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
4. What if I don’t provide some or all of the information requested?
The impact of this will depend on what information you withhold but the main impacts may be:
• We may not be able to process or fully process your order.
• We may not be able to contact you to let you know of problems regarding your order or the goods/services provided.
• We may not be able to respond fully to requests and queries you may have.
• We cannot personalise the service you receive. So, if you are online you will have to search more for the content type you normally view or for similar/related products.
• We won’t be able to limit online adverts to products or services you have shown interest in and so you may receive adverts that mean nothing to you and are not related to your interests.
Withholding marketing consent. You are free to do this at any time. It will only stop you receiving marketing. It will not impact any other service/goods we provide you with.
5. Will you be contacted for Marketing Purposes?
We use your personal information to update you about new products/services by post, or email. We will only contact you with your consent. You will provide this either when you fill in a form to provide your data, by signing up for a newsletter, selecting your preferences in your online account or when you call us. We may personalise the message content based on information you provide us with, purchases you make and your use of the Rock Sound website.
We may use information which we hold about you to show you relevant advertising on third party sites (e.g. Facebook, Google, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter). This could involve showing you an advertising message where we know you have visited Rocksound.tv and/or have used our products and services. If you don’t want to be shown targeted advertising messages from us, some third party sites allow you to request not to see messages from specific advertisers on that site in future. If you want to stop personalised services from Rock Sound, including targeted advertising messages on third party sites you can do so by amending your preferences in the Cookie Consent. We will always provide you with a way of opting out of receiving future marketing messages from us, each time we send them to you.
6. What grounds (legal basis) are we processing the data under?
There are a number of grounds we process your data under. These are
• Contractual – we need the information to perform the contract for goods or services you have requested/ordered including payment, delivery etc.
• Legitimate interest – this means the processing is in Rock Sound’s interest. It allows us to manage the customer relationship effectively and efficiently and improve the goods and/or services we provide by better understanding how our online provisions are used and which goods are popular with which groups of individuals.
• Consent – where you have given us consent to market to you.
7. Sharing your Information with Third Parties
We may from time to time provide your personal information to third parties for the purposes of providing you with our goods and services. These third party providers include payment processors, providers of card validation services, third party sales processor (includes fulfilment services) and service providers who assist us with hosting our marketing campaigns. They do not decide what is done with your data and only process it on our behalf. These third parties may be located outside the European Economic Area; however we only use providers that provide adequate protection for your information at all times.
When transferring any personal information outwith the EEA we only do so under one of the legally recognised transfer mechanisms for ensuring the data is safeguarded. These are:
• The country in question has been deemed safe for data transfer by the European Commission. Also known as an adequacy finding.
• The contract for data processing contains the standard contractual clauses laid down by the European Commission to safeguard the transfer of personal data.
• Binding corporate rules – this is where a large company’s own internal processes for international data transfer have been signed-off and agreed by the European Commission as safeguarding the data.
• If the data is going to the USA it can be safely transferred to a company that is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield.
• Appropriate certification schemes
We will not for provide your data to other third parties for marketing purposes unless you have specifically consented to this when you first provided your data to us. You are entitled to withhold this consent and opt out from receiving such third party communications at any time by not giving your consent on the form (paper or web) that collects your details or telling the operator when you call.
8. Cookies [and web browser information]
9. What if I am aged under 13?
If you are aged 13 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to Rock Sound as we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18 for marketing purposes.
10. How do we protect your Information?
We follow strict security procedures in the storage, use and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information in accordance with the UK data protection legislation. These include access control, firewalls and virus checking procedures.
11. How long do we hold your data for?
Some of the information you provide to us is necessary to carry out repeated tasks, such as verifying your identity when signing in to use an account or providing our goods and services to you or you using an online checkout. We will keep this information for as long as you remain a user of any of our sites or an active customer plus a reasonable time (approximately 2 years) beyond this to deal with queries or issues.
Some information may be required for longer periods such as financial information for HMRC purposes, usually a maximum of 7 years.
Rock Sound do not retain your payment card information. It is keyed directly into the payment processor’s system when you provide it.
12. Your rights regarding your Personal Information
Under the Data Protection law you have a number of rights with respect to your personal information which are:
• Correcting your Information
You are entitled to have your personal information updated to ensure it is up-to-date and accurate.
• Withdrawing Consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent to any processing that is currently being done under your consent e.g. marketing..
• Obtaining a copy of your Information
You are entitled to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
• Deleting your information
You can request that we delete personal information in certain circumstances. These will be specific to each case.
• Restricting Processing
You can request a restriction on the processing of your data in some limited circumstances. Examples are concerns over data accuracy or we no longer require to hold your data but you have requested its retention by us to aid you in a legal matter.
• Right to object to processing
You are entitled to request that we stop processing your data for marketing purposes and in other limited circumstances such as asking us not to process your data by wholly automated means or not to analyse your information for targeted content etc. (also known as profiling).
You can action any of these rights by contacting us by email at [email protected]
13. Sale of the Business
Should Rock Sound Ltd be sold to or taken over by another organisation, your personal information may move to that other organisation as part of the sale or takeover agreement.
14. Complaints. Complaints will the dealt with by the Privacy Manager and will be responded to within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with the response you should refer your complaint to the ICO https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
The data protection laws in the UK are regulated and enforced by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Each individual has the right to raise a concern/complaint to the ICO if they have any concerns about how their personal information and/or privacy is treated.
15. Links to Third Party Websites
16. Updates to this Policy
We may update this Policy at any time without notice. We will tell you that we have updated the policy by emailing you at the email address you have provided to us and/or by posting an announcement on the website. By continuing to use the website after we have emailed you or posted a notice informing you of an update, you accept the changes to this Policy.
17. Contacting Us
If you have any questions about privacy, or wish to update your details or action any of your other data rights at any time, please contact us using pri[email protected]
Privacy statement updated May 14th 2018.