You can just tell that they were destined to be one of the biggest bands in the world.
Believe it or not, there was actually a moment when My Chemical Romance weren't one of the biggest bands in the world.
They come from humble beginnings, but you can just tell they were always going to be massive. You can tell that, even 16 years ago, at one of their tiny hometown shows in New Jersey.
A video of one of their first shows has surfaced on YouTube, and it's incredible for a number of reasons.
01. Gerard and Mikey Way's mum and grandma were both there, at a punk show.
02. This show was at Maxwell's in Hoboken- a venue they revisited to film 'The Black Parade Is Dead'.
03. Frank Iero's dreadlocks
04. This all pre-dates 'Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge'.
Fortunately someone had the incredible foresight to film the entire show. We are truly blessed.
The show in question went down on August 16, not even one month after the release of My Chemical Romance's debut album 'I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love'. And the set, while short, is jam packed full of 'Bullets' favourites.
Check out the setlist, and the full video below:
01. 'Honey, This Mirror Isn't Big Enough for the Two of Us'
02. 'Headfirst for Halos'
03. 'Our Lady of Sorrows'
04. 'This Is the Best Day Ever'
05. 'Skylines and Turnstiles'
06. 'Jack the Ripper' (Morrissey cover)
07. 'Vampires Will Never Hurt You'