And the first taste, 'The Abysmal Eye', has just dropped too.
Meshuggah are back with their first album in six years, ready to show everybody how it's done once more.
Here's all you need to know.
1) It's titled 'Immutable'
2) It will be dropping on April 01 via Atomic Fire.
3) Guitarist Mårten Hagström had this to say about its creation:
“For us, it wasn’t all that clear that we were making a new album. We knew we could do it, but did we want to do it?,” he says. “We had to decide, are we doing this or what else are we doing? After a long, long discussion, we agreed on certain things. We would make an album with as few restraints as possible. We would go in and try to make as cool an album as possible, have no anxiety about it and see it as an opportunity. How do we make this a challenge that we feel like accepting and rising up to? Pretty quickly we had a starting point. Everybody started to write, the ball started rolling and suddenly we were sitting there, discussing how many songs we were going to have to cut!”
4) The artwork looks like this:
5) And the tracklisting like this:
01. Broken Cog
02. The Abysmal Eye
03. Light The Shortening Fuse
05. Ligature Marks
06. God He Sees In Mirrors
07. They Move Below
09. Black Cathedral
10. I Am That Thirst
11. The Faultless
12. Armies Of The Preposterous
13. Past Tense
6) You can also hear the first piece of it, the stunning 'The Abysmal Eye'. An all-consuming and cataclysmic epic of a track, wrapping itself around your head and squeezing in the most brilliantly heavy way possible.