SeeYouSpaceCowboy have announced that they will be releasing a new album later this year.
'The Romance Of Affliction' will be dropping on November 05 via Pure Noise Records.
Vocalist Connie Sgarbossa has given this explanation for some of the album's themes:
“The album is a reflection on the last couple of years of our lives; It serves as a tongue in cheek, but genuine look at what it means to struggle through adversity while trying to find some beauty in it all... It’s about making art about parts of our lives that are ugly and how that seems to resonate the most with people. What it means to be in love with someone as well as the substances that are killing you both, what it means to use sex as a way to try to feel content and loved but without a true connection that instead makes you feel more isolated. The poetic nature of writing songs about addiction only to almost die of an overdose a few weeks later. It’s a pretty coat of paint on a crumbling structure.”
The artwork looks like this:
And the tracklisting like this:
01. Life As A Soap Opera Plot, 26 Years Running (ft. Keith Buckley)
02. Misinterpreting Constellations
03. The End To A Brief Moment of Lasting Intimacy
04. Sharpen What You Can (ft. SHAOLIN G)
05. With Arms That Bind and Lips That Lock
06. Losing Sight Of The Exit…
07. ...And My Faded Reflection In Your Eyes
8. Intersecting Storylines To The Same Tragedy (ft. Aaron Gillespie )
9. Ouroboros As An Overused Metaphor
10. Anything To Take Me Anywhere But Here
11. The Peace in Disillusion
12. Melodrama Between Two Entirely Bored Individuals
13. The Romance Of Affliction (ft. If I Die First)
You can check out 'Misinterpreting Constellations', a stunning blend of metalcore blunt force and emotional honesty, right now too.
Connie had this to say about the track:
"...it's a look back at actions you viewed as a romantic situation, and still do to an extent, but being able to realise that ‘love at all cost’ maybe wasn’t the healthiest thing for yourself, them or others.”