The compilation features 12 artists covering a song that had an important impact on their lives, with all proceeds benefitting mental health charities.
Hopeless Records has announced a compilation to be released later this year of 'Songs That Saved My Life'.
Songs That Saved My Life is a brand centered around music that played a pivotal role in the lives of artists and fans that benefits mental health and suicide prevention charities. Everyone has music that helped them through a tough time. STSML looks to engage current artists with cover versions of those songs and share those stories with the world. This project benefits a variety of mental health and suicide prevention organisations. Currently, this project benefits Crisis Text Line, Hope For The Day, The Trevor Project, and To Write Love On Her Arms.
While the track listing lists the titles of the tracks, they haven't listed who the originals were by- so we've made some pretty logical assumptions. Check out the full track listing below:
01. Neck Deep - 'Torn' [Natalie Imbrublia]
02. Movements - 'Losing My Religion' [R.E.M]
03. Stand Atlantic - 'Your Graduation' [Modern Baseball]
04. Dance Gavin Dance - 'Semi Charmed Life' [Third Eye Blind]
05. Against Me! - 'People Who Died' [The Jim Carroll Band]
06. Taking Back Sunday - 'Bullet With Butterfly Wings' [The Smashing Pumpkins]
07. Dream State - 'Crawling' [Linkin Park]
08. As It Is - 'Such Great Heights' [The Postal Service]
09. Oceans Ate Alaska - 'Shape Of My Heart' [Sting]
10. Too Close To Touch - 'Let It Be' [The Beatles]
11. Dan Campbell & Ace Enders - 'Broom People' [The Mountain Goats]
12. The Maine - 'Transatlanticism' [Death Cab For Cutie]
Check out some of the featuring artists talking about the project below:
The first track to be released off 'Songs That Saved My Life' is Neck Deep's 'Torn', which you can watch the video for below: