Jetty Bones has announced her debut full-length album.
Here's what you need to know:
1) It's called 'Push Back'.
2) It's being released on February 25 via Rise Records.
3) This is what she had to say about how the record came to be:
"I started focused on my mental health, followed my own medicine, practiced what I preached, and actually took care of my brain. This record is more definitive of the project, because I was intentional with it. I worked through everything”
“I wanted to humanize myself as a person who really struggles with things, who absolutely does not have my shit together but is still trying really hard.”
4) The artwork looks like this:
5) And the tracklisting like this:
01.Waking Up Crying
03. That’s All
05. Taking Up Space
07. Waking Up Exhausted
08. Bad Time feat. Eric Egan (Heart Attack Man)
10. Bad Trick
11. Bug Life
6) You can hear 'That's All' right now, alongside a neon-tinted video.
“That’s All” is about pushing to find healthy means of communications for a relationship that you’re truly invested in bettering. How far can we go before that process turns into a conflict instead of a conversation? Whether it’s a romantic relationship, a platonic one, or even one that exists within yourself - sometimes we all struggle to find that line. If it’s external, is your push pulling someone else from their comfort zone? If you’re at conflict with yourself, how can you really pick a side?
"The music video tends to the latter by romanticizing self-love in a dinner scene. Maybe if we learned to show ourselves the same empathy, compassion and understanding that we offer to the people we love, then we could get a little closer to truly loving ourselves too."
7) You can also hear 'Taking Up Space' now as well: