Brace yourselves for 'EX_MACHINA'.
Crossfaith have announced a new album! Here's everything you need to know about it:
1. It's called 'EX_MACHINA', and will be released August 03 via UNFD.
2. It's a concept album, "set in an alternative near future in which the ruling class, known as Angels, maintain their world through artificial intelligence and other technology, which dehumanises people and effectively turns them into drones." Which isn't topical at all. Nope.
3. It features this song:
4. The cover art looks like this:
5. It features guest appearances from Enter Shikari's Rou Reynolds, Ho99o9 and Masato from Coldrain.
6. The full tracklist looks like this:
01. Deus Ex Machina
03. The Perfect Nightmare
04. Destroy (feat. Ho99o9)
05. Freedom (feat. Rou Reynolds from Enter Shikari)
06. Make A Move
07. Lost In You
08. Wipeout (Album Mix)
10. Eden In The Rain
11. Twin Shadows
13. Faint (feat. Masato from coldrain)
7. Frontman Kenta ‘Ken’ Koie had this to say about it:
"After we released last album XENO, we were thinking about what the next theme for us is. Then we decided to put [the] theme 'Awake the individuality'. Because we're always trying to make new things and that's the big part of the band's attitudes."
"Technology has been advancing from when I was kid, and it definitely helps the world but at the same time I feel like technology takes out important [processes to think about individuality in exchange for convenience."
"This album is a grave warning for our future, I hope you guys listen to this and think about what the meaning of this album is for you and feel how you feel through this album and start something for your future."
You can catch the band in the UK later this year. Those dates are:
13 - BRISTOL Marble Factory
15 - GLASGOW Garage
16 - NOTTINGHAM Rock City
17 - MANCHESTER Academy II
19 - LONDON Electric Ballroom
20 - SHEFFIELD Festivile
21 - DUBLIN Academy