Hard to believe, but it's been 20 years since Flogging Molly released their debut album 'Swagger'.
But it has been, and the band are celebrating in some style with an absolutely massive vinyl boxset.
Released on October 23, the package will include all of this:
- 2x LP featureing remixed and remastered version of the album that also features a bonus version of 'Sentimental Johnny' en Español as 'Juan El Sentimental'
- Bonus LP featuring three live songs recorded in 2001 at Denver's famed Bluebird Theatre plus a Traditional Irish Set (recorded with Steve Albini in "one take with no overdubs"),
- Never-before-seen DVD documentary from 2000 including a full live performance
- Expanded Lyric Booklet featuring photos from the band's personal collection
- Flogging Molly Logo vinyl slip mat,
- Embroidered patch
- Four badge 'Swagger' button pack.
It looks a little like this:
Here's a little message from frontman Dave King:
“Never in our wildest dreams did we ever imagine that twenty years on, we would be celebrating the release of our first studio album, ‘Swagger’. Yet here we are, a little older, maybe none the wiser, but very grateful for what has been an amazing experience.
More than twenty years ago we set sail for Chicago, the home of Electrical Audio and the wonderful Steve Albini. With a fistful of songs, from ‘Salty Dog’ to ‘Far Away Boys’, we plugged in and belted out everything we had and made sure that no song was left behind. Little did we know that ‘Swagger’ would become the breaking ground, and the sound, of Flogging Molly.
So, we would like to thank you all for the last twenty years of wonderful memories, and hopefully many more to come.”
The band also marked the announcement with a little livestream. Check out 'Halfway To St. Patrick's Day' right here:
The band's latest album 'Life Is Good' is also out now! Here's the title track: