Are you looking to get a foot through the door in the music industry? Do you think you know what it takes to help run a brand on the web? Then this could be just the ticket...
Here at Rock Sound, we're always looking for ways to nurture and encourage our readers who are interested in pursuing a career in music journalism. In 2015, we'll be starting a brand new internship program with the aim of giving candidates a detailed insight and experience into how the brand is run online, and how that ties in with the work we do as a magazine. Whereas before we've offered editorial internships with a heavy focus on writing reviews and short features, the new program will be more based around writing for the web, creating content of different forms, managing how Rock Sound is perceived online and engaging with our readers through our social networks.
The 2015 internships will run in four-weekly blocks, and succesful candidates will spend the duration of an entire magazine cycle in the office. You'll see how the mag is put together from start to finish, and you'll be a key part of the team that promotes the magazine online, as well as taking the lead with daily updates of news across our online platforms.
Ideally, we're looking for candidates who have experience in the following areas:
- Writing news stories and features for the web
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Managing social media accounts in a non-personal capacity (e.g. running socials for a webzine / blog / brand)
- Experience as a YouTube content creator, and know the ins and outs of YouTube as a social network platform
- A background in journalism or content creation
- A keen eye for detail and previous experience in proofreading / subbing
- Video editing and experience with Adobe Premiere
- A keen interest in the music and world that Rock Sound covers
- Rock Sound is based in Whitechapel, East London. You need to be able to get here for 10am every day. Unfortunately, we cannot cover travel expenses.
- Succesful candidates will be notified by email, and there may be a short telephone interview ahead of the internship start date.
- Unfortunately we cannot accept applications from people under the age of 18.
Interested? Then fill out the application form below.