Anyone who says bands don't work hard needs to take a look at this...
Gig indexing site Songkick have named their Hardest Working Band of 2014 as The 1975, but the likes of Asking Alexandria, We Are The In Crowd, Of Mice & Men, New Politics and Against Me! are all in there, too!
The title is calculated by the number of shows played. Laura Jane Grace and Against Me! hit the stage 151 times in 2014 - that's a gig every 2.4 days!
Wondering exactly how far you have to travel to play that many shows? There's a graph for that. And here are some things we learned from that graph:
- Over the past 12 months, Asking Alexandria have travelled the equivalent of four laps around the earth.
- Against Me! could only have done two and a half laps of the world in that period. Pah, part-timers.
- If instead of hopping on a tour bus, Of Mice & Men had started digging instead, they'd have burrowed from their home in Orange County, California right through to just off the south east coast of Madagascar nine times before the year was out. Nine times.
- If We Are The In Crowd had an urge to do laps of the UK instead of touring the world and going to places that don't rain all the time, they could've driven around the UK coast seven times.
- New Politics have travelled a third of the distance to the moon in 2014. THE MOON.