Who came out on top in our ultimate song title challenge?
Throughout 2018, we have been challenging bands to a game of 'Title Fight'. The rules are pretty simple - we put 60 seconds on the clock and they have to name as many of their own songs as they can before the time runs out.
You can watch the full playlist of every episode below:
We've seen some extremely competitive displays over the last 12 months but now the time has come to crown the ultimate 'Title Fight' champion of 2018. So, who managed to name the most songs in 1 minute? Let's count down the scores!
(NOTE - obviously some bands have more songs to choose from than others becuase they have been around for longer. BUT, as you'll see from the rankings, that doesn't necessarilly make a huge amount of difference. This is basically a big memory test. And a damn fun one at that!)
TITLE FIGHT - 2018 FINAL SCOREBOARD
25. OTTO WOOD, WATERPARKS - 0
(Tbf, he just made up 50 fake song names. He probably should have seen this one coming...)
24. ALEX GARCIA, MAYDAY PARADE - 6
(Another jokester! 'Pizza Your Heart' isn't a song title and you know it Alex! God we wish it was though...)
23. EMERSON BARRETT, PALAYE ROYALE - 11
22. REMINGTON LEITH, PALAYE ROYALE/GEOFF WIGINGTON, WATERPARKS/PATRICK FOLEY, AS IT IS - 12
21. AARON GILLESPIE, UNDEROATH - 13
20. ANDY HURLEY, FALL OUT BOY/MITCHEL CAVE, CHASE ATLANTIC/JASON BOWLD, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE - 14
19. JACOBY SHADDIX, PAPA ROACH - 15
18. ALEX PEARSON, HANDS LIKE HOUSE/DAVE BAKSH, SUM 41 - 16
17. PETE WENTZ, FALL OUT BOY/NICK MARTIN, SLEEPING WITH SIRENS - 17
16. DAN GOW, AGAINST THE CURRENT/CHRISTIAN ANTHONY, CHASE ATLANTIC - 18
15. CONE, SUM 41/JAMES JOHNSTON, BIFFY CLYRO - 19
14. BEN JOHNSTON, BIFFY CLYRO/CLINTON CAVE, CHASE ATLANTIC - 20
13. JEREMY WINCHESTER, TROPHY EYES/WILL FERRI, AGAINST THE CURRENT/KELLIN QUINN, SLEEPING WITH SIRENS - 21
12. JERRY HORTON, PAPA ROACH/SEBASTIAN DANZIG, PALAYE ROYALE/TRENTON WOODLEY, HANDS LIKE HOUSES - 22
11. TYLER SZALKOWSKI, STATE CHAMPS - 23
10. SPENCER CHAMBERLAIN, UNDEROATH - 24
9. DEREK DISCANIO, STATE CHAMPS/DEREK SANDERS, MAYDAY PARADE/CHRISSY COSTANZA, AGAINST THE CURRENT - 25
8. JOEL MADDEN, GOOD CHARLOTTE/JOHN FLOREANI, TROPHY EYES - 27
7. BENJI MADDEN, GOOD CHARLOTTE - 28
6. JAMES VECK-GILODI, DEAF HAVANA - 29
5. MATT TUCK, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE/BEN LANGFORD-BISS, AS IT IS - 30
Cracking the 30 barrier as we enter the top 5, Matt wasn't confident going into this one, but he smashed it in the end.
4. MATT VECK-GILODI, DEAF HAVANA - 37
What's even better than beating your bandmate? Beating your bandmate who is also your brother.
3. AWSTEN KNIGHT, WATERPARKS - 38
Pretty damn impressive that after only two albums, Awsten remembered more than a lot of acts who have been around way longer. Plus, he took it all SUPER SERIOUSLY which was extra unexpected!
2. SIMON NEIL, BIFFY CLYRO - 44
Like some kind of musical Yoda, Simon rattled off hit after hit, barely even taking a breath. We thought this would be the overall winner. Until...
1. PATTY WALTERS, AS IT IS - 45
Congratulations Patty - you have a memory like no other rock star we have met this year! This one will take some beating.
So, who do you want to see take on 'Title Fight' next? Let us know!