'Punk Goes Pop Vol. 7' was announced a couple of days back. To mark the occasion, we put together a 100% ACCURATE list of the best Punk Goes... covers ever.
In no particular order, we have...
TYLER CARTER & LUKE HOLLAND - 'AIN'T IT FUN' (originally by Paramore)
That voice. Those drums. That song. Perfect.
CHUNK! NO, CAPTAIN CHUNK! - 'ALL STAR' (originally by Smash Mouth)
The most memeable Punk Goes... cover out there? Quite possibly. Either way, Chunk!'s take on this, uh, classic rules.
I PREVAIL - 'BLANK SPACE' (originally by Taylor Swift)
This band is great. This song is great. This cover is outstanding. This is how you cover a pop song, metalcore bands.
UPON THIS DAWNING - 'CALL ME MAYBE' (originally by Carly Rae Jepsen)
A cover of a pop banger that's basically one big breakdown. What more could you possibly need?
MAYDAY PARADE (feat. VIC FUENTES) - 'SOMEBODY THAT I USED TO KNOW' (originally by Gotye)
Witness the formula being absolutely nailed. Mayday took the biggest pop song of the year, chucked some guitars on it and got some killer guest vocals in from the one and only Vic Fuentes for this. And it was perfect.
SLEEPING WITH SIRENS - 'FUCK YOU' (originally by CeeLo Green)
Q: how do you show off Kellin Quinn's outrageous vocals even more than a SWS track?
A: cover this song.
KNUCKLE PUCK - 'CHOCOLATE' (originally by The 1975)
They're never gonna play it live, but that doesn't mean this song isn't sick. Because y'know, it's sick.
FOUR YEAR STRONG - 'LOVE SONG' (originally by Sara Bareilles)
Beards. Hooks. Pop-punk. Yes.
PVRIS - 'CHANDELIER' (originally by Sia)
Need another reason to love PVRIS? No? Well, here's one anyway. What. A. Cover.
HANDS LIKE HOUSES - 'TORN' (originally by Natalie Imbruglia)
Australian band covers Australian pop mega-anthem, results in amazing cover. Of course.
ASKING ALEXANDRIA - 'CLOSER' (originally by Nine Inch Nails)
Somehow, this month's cover stars managed to make this song even more filthy than when it was first recorded for 'Punk Goes '90s Vol. 2'.
PIERCE THE VEIL - '(DON'T FEAR) THE REAPER' (originally by Blue Oyster Cult)
PTV have never been afraid to show their chops as musicians, and even as early as 2010 they were a cut above the rest.
ALL TIME LOW - 'UMBRELLA' (originally by Rihanna)
All Time Low proved that deep down, 'Umbrella' is an absolutely banging pop-punk jam. Witness this RiRi cover from 'Punk Goes Crunk'.
HIT THE LIGHTS - 'MORE THAN A FEELING' (originally by Boston)
Know what classic rock needs? More power chords. Lots more power chords. Like these.
And because this band owns the whole Punk Goes... subgenre, here are two huge, huge hits from We Came As Romans.
There's their take on Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'.
Let's leave this with WCAR's take on The Wanted's 'Glad You Came', which confirms that we would 100% watch that band do a whole set filled with covers.
'Punk Goes Pop Vol. 7' is out on July 14. Check out the tracklisting below.
01. State Champs - 'Stitches' (originally by Shawn Mendes)
02. Dance Gavin Dance - 'That's What I Like' (originally by Bruno Mars)
03. New Years Day - 'Gangsta' (originally by Kehlani)
04. The Amity Affliction - 'Can't Feel My Face' (originally by The Weeknd)
05. Andy Black (feat. Juliet Simms) - 'When We Were Young' (originally by Adele)
06. Grayscale - 'Love Yourself' (originally by Justin Bieber)
07. Capsize - 'Fake Love' (originally by Drake)
08. Boston Manor - 'Heathens' (originally by Twenty One Pilots)
09. Eat Your Heart Out - 'Shape Of You' (originally by Ed Sheeran)
10. The Plot In You - 'Let It Go' (originally by James Bay)
11. Ice Nine Kills - 'I Don't Wanna Live Forever' (originally by Zayn & Taylor Swift)
12. Seaway - 'Closer' (originally by The Chainsmokers feat. Halsey)
13. Too Close To Touch - 'In The Name Of Love' (originally by Martin Garrix & Bebe Rexha)