Band are back with a new lease of life and an EP that’s streaming exclusively on the Rock Sound site this week!
Click above to stream The Audition's new banger 'Chapter II', scheduled for release in the UK on June 11. Scroll down and you get to read vocalist Danny Stevens' track by track guide to what is tickling your ears...double bonus! For all else facebook.com/theauditionband.
1. Who Do You Think You Are - "When deciding on the song order for the album we threw around a bunch of ideas on how to start the EP. In the end we chose this song because it hits hard right away and carries throughout. The song explains someone who would do anything to tarnish your name by any means necessary. I think we've all had people like this in our lives!"
2. You Make Me Sick - "This was the first song we demoed for the EP and knew we wanted to release it first shortly thereafter. It tells about an ex-significant other that through their actions makes you sick! The lyrics are pretty vivid in explaining how the person made me feel at that particular time.'
3. Evil - "This is definitely the grooviest song on the EP in my opinion. When we asked Joe and Jimmy in the band this song was almost completely different. It's pretty amazing how other people's insight and ideas can totally turn a song around. Especially when it's for the better!"
4. Back And Forth - "Another example of how different minds can make a song better! We must have demoed and rewritten this song 100 times! It's about someone who can't make up their mind about what they want in a relationship. How everything had to be on this particular person's timetable and they kept leaving and coming back until I finally got my wits about me and said SEE YA!"
5. You Gotta Believe - "The definite hard rock ballad that we've always wanted to write! It's about two people letting their relationship just collapse by one person trying too hard and the other person not trying and giving enough. I think we have all been there at some point in our life."
6. Talkin' - "Talkin' explains the hypocrisy and general lies that are thrown at us everyday. Whether it be from the media or some other medium, we are force fed ideas and ideals every day. It's about standing up for what you believe in and telling those people that you've got your own opinions and how can they tell you something if they don't even know who they are or what they believe in in the first place."