They're master lyricists, and we're out here to prove it.
Fall Out Boy's Pete Wentz is pretty excellent at writing lyrics. With 15 years of content to pull from, we undertook the mammoth task of filtering through all seven Fall Out Boy albums to pull out the 12 most relatable lyrics of all time.
12. "I don’t know where I’m going" - 'Alone Together'
This applies in both a physical and metaphorical way. Unsure of life direction, but equally just absolutely lost as hell.
11. "I don't care what you think" - 'I Don't Care'
What can we say that the lyric itself doesn't so appropriately convey?
10. "I think I fell in love again" - 'American Beauty / American Psycho'
Another day, another song, band or person holding the door open for you at Starbucks to fall in love with.
09. "I wanna scream 'I love you' from the top of my lungs" - 'The (Shipped) Gold Standard'
Ever just feel SO full of love that you want to scream it? Maybe don't do it for the person who held the door open at Starbucks for you earlier.
08. "I only want sympathy in the form of you crawling in to bed with me" - 'Dance Dance'
Don't bother me with your sympathy unless you're going to pay up. Basically.
07. "I want to hate you half as much as I hate myself" - 'The Pros And Cons Of Breathing'
Self-loathing isn't cool. But most of us can relate to giving someone a whole lot of passes on their behaviour when they don't deserve it.
06. "We're the new face of failure" - 'I'm Like A Lawyer The Way I'm Always Trying To Get You Off'
Have you ever walked out of an exam that you were SO sure you nailed, only to get your results back a few weeks later and realise you absolutely did not nail it? Good news! Fall Out Boy has a lyric for that.
05. "Oh hell yes, I'm a nervous wreck" - 'West Coast Smoker'
The state of the world currently has rendered all of us nervous wrecks.
04. "I'm no good at math" - 'The (Shipped) Gold Standard'
The beauty lies in the simplicity of this one. If you're no good at math, you get it.
03. "If I don't make it on the list, would you sneak me a wristband?" - 'Heaven's Gate'
For those moments where your mate can't put you on the guest list for his band's show. Come on mate, sneak us a wristband.
02. "I'll stop wearing black when they make a darker colour" - 'Wilson (Expensive Mistakes)'
The kind of slogan we'd wear scrawled across an appropriately-coloured black t-shirt.
01. "I could scream forever" - 'Centuries'
It's simple, it's effective, it's relatable. I could scream forever. I might scream forever. I probably will scream forever.