The seminal Blink-182 classic album 'Take Off Your Pants And Jacket' turns 17 years old today. To celebrate we looked back over the last year and handpicked the absolute best of frontman Mark Hoppus' tweeted output. You are welcome.
01. When he kicked off his birthday with a joke that he has been waiting years to tell.
Nobody likes you when you’re 23 (twice over)— snddoɥ ʞɹɐɯ (@markhoppus) March 15, 2018
02. When he tweeted something that made us just stare in to the middle-distance for about 40 minutes thinking about life.
The word “pseudoephedrine” has two Ps in it, neither of which make the puh sound. That’s it. That’s the whole tweet.— snddoɥ ʞɹɐɯ (@markhoppus) June 8, 2018
03. When he became King Millennial.
I hooked my fidget spinner up to my vape pen and The Millennials crowned me King of Avocado Toast— snddoɥ ʞɹɐɯ (@markhoppus) June 13, 2017
04. When he cracked the secret to Fall Out Boy's success.
This is how Fall Out Boy name their songs. pic.twitter.com/Ee4o4Th2e1— snddoɥ ʞɹɐɯ (@markhoppus) 29 October 2017
05. Good luck singing 'Hey Jude' any other way for the remainder of your existence.
Don’t make it bad. Take a sad song and make it better. pic.twitter.com/N95LbmLu4V— snddoɥ ʞɹɐɯ (@markhoppus) June 5, 2018
06. When he realised that the times were changing.
I'm "I Had to Ask My Son What 'Shipping Meant" years old.— snddoɥ ʞɹɐɯ (@markhoppus) 14 September 2017
07. When he showed exactly how good a boy his dog was.
This is the good content right here. My dog wants to help everyone. Good boy, Xavier. pic.twitter.com/B9epDcombm— snddoɥ ʞɹɐɯ (@markhoppus) February 13, 2018
08. When he absolutely smashed Disneyland.
My son and I did a Disneyland dawn raid today. Left LA at 6:50, rode Autopia, Matterhorn, Buzz Lightyear, Space Mountain, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, and Big Thunder. Done by 9:30 and now back in LA eating breakfast. Get on our level. pic.twitter.com/aw1uDgiBOQ— snddoɥ ʞɹɐɯ (@markhoppus) March 11, 2018
09. When he blew all of our minds.
Josh: nineteen pilots?— snddoɥ ʞɹɐɯ (@markhoppus) November 8, 2017
Josh: ....twenty pilots?
Tyler: idk, still feels like it’s not there
10. When he acknowledged that 2018 is truly the weirdest year in history.
Mad Libs from five years ago: KIM KARDASHIAN met with PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP at the WHITE HOUSE to discuss PRISON REFORM.— snddoɥ ʞɹɐɯ (@markhoppus) May 31, 2018
11. When he stood next to Josh Dun.
I'm gonna put this to rest. Josh Dun is a good friend of mine and he BARELY reaches 5' 5", if that. For reference, I'm 6' 2". pic.twitter.com/G8vGmLkNAP— snddoɥ ʞɹɐɯ (@markhoppus) April 18, 2017
12. When he said what we were all thinking.
alright, my chemical romance. enough farting around. time to get back in the studio and make another album. think of the kids.— snddoɥ ʞɹɐɯ (@markhoppus) 26 February 2018
13. When he made us all collectively ask "what's democracy?"
Twitter needs a switch for when you just want to log in and read some updog jokes and not watch the downfall of democracy in real time.— snddoɥ ʞɹɐɯ (@markhoppus) May 24, 2018
14. When he took down the idiots in one fell swoop.
Oh great a female Doctor Who. What next? Female real doctors? Female pilots? Female scientists? Female sisters and mothers? Female WOMEN?!— snddoɥ ʞɹɐɯ (@markhoppus) 16 July 2017
15. When he was sick of the moon's shit, and called it the hell out.
goodnight, moon. you cowardly backstabbing son of a bitch.— snddoɥ ʞɹɐɯ (@markhoppus) May 8, 2018
16. When he clocked that Dr. Strange may not actually have powers at all- just a really bad case of generalised anxiety disorder.
Doctor Strange used his “super power” to imagine 14 million different possible outcomes for a specific situation, like I don’t already do that every single night.— snddoɥ ʞɹɐɯ (@markhoppus) April 29, 2018
17. And of course, when this absolutely brilliant exchange took place.
Twice today I saw people wearing blink-182 t-shirts and said "hey cool shirt!" and got looked at like "yeah whatever you old space garbage!"— snddoɥ ʞɹɐɯ (@markhoppus) 20 July 2017
the first dude glanced at me confusedly, looked down at his shirt, and goes "oh yeah. just saw them in concert last night" and walked away.— snddoɥ ʞɹɐɯ (@markhoppus) 20 July 2017
And this is just a bonus one, because we all need to hear it.
After a week like this I think it bears repeating that you matter and you are loved.— snddoɥ ʞɹɐɯ (@markhoppus) June 8, 2018
Happy bloody Birthday 'Take Off Your Pants And Jacket', you absolute beauty.