Terms and Conditions
Please read these user conditions carefully. They set out the terms under which Rock Sound is made available to you. By accessing Rock Sound you agree to be bound by these conditions. If you do not agree, please do not use the Rock Sound website.
1. Your Personal Information
1.1 We will respect your personal information and undertake to comply with all applicable UK Data Protection legislation currently in force.
1.2 In relation to the personal information provided by you on registration (your registration details) you agree that Rock Sound may use such information in accordance with the purposes for which your permission has been obtained on registration.
2. Our Obligations to You
2.1 We agree to use our reasonable endeavours to maintain Rock Sound in a fully operating condition and error free. As we cannot guarantee that this will always be the case we do not accept responsibility for any defects that may exist, or for any costs, loss of profits, loss of data, or consequential losses arising from your use of, or inability to access Rock Sound.
2.2 Rock Sound is provided without any warranties or guarantees unless specifically stated.
2.3 Your dealings with, and interest in, promotions, services, or merchants found on or via Rock Sound, unless explicitly stated by us, are solely between you and the person with whom you are dealing. Should any dispute arise between you, Rock Sound will do its best to help you resolve the situation, but we will not be responsible for any losses or damages that may arise from any such dealings.
2.4 We may provide - or our contractual partners may provide - links to other web sites or resources. We are unable to accept responsibility for these, neither can we be deemed to have endorsed their content.
2.5 We reserve the right to suspend, restrict, or terminate your access to Rock Sound for any reason.
2.6 In order to maintain the integrity of Rock Sound we reserve the right to forward contact details to the Police, or other Regulatory authorities where requested to do so; we may also forward contact details where permissible by law where a complaint arises concerning your use of Rock Sound, and where that use is deemed by us to be inconsistent with these user conditions.
3. Your Obligation to Us
3.1 You will only use Rock Sound in a manner that is consistent with these user conditions and in such a way as to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. In particular, you will not use Rock Sound to transmit or post any material which is defamatory, offensive, or of an obscene or menacing character, or which may, in our judgement, cause annoyance, inconvenience or anxiety to any person.
3.2 To the extent to which the use by any person who may be authorised by you or for whom you are responsible (for example as the parent or guardian of a child) causes loss or damage to any person, you agree to indemnify Rock Sound immediately on demand in relation to any such losses or damages attributable to Rock Sound, including where necessary any legal and administrative, or technical charges that may arise from such use.
3.3 Where applicable, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and the password assigned to you on registration. As a result, you are fully responsible for all activities which occur under them. You must notify us immediately of any unauthorised use to which you become aware.
3.4 You confirm you have obtained the telephone line owners consent to access Rock Sound and you acknowledge that you are responsible for obtaining the equipment and paying all telephone charges necessary to access and use Rock Sound. You are also responsible for making your own back-up arrangements.
3.5 You agree that the material and content contained within or provided by Rock Sound is for your personal use only and may not be used for commercial purposes or distributed commercially without our permission. Your use of Rock Sound carries with it no rights in relation to copyright, trade marks or other intellectual property rights in Rock Sound. 3.6 You agree not to use Rock Sound or the services made available to you on or via Rock Sound such that you cause the whole or part of Rock Sound or such services to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or is in any way impaired.
Rock Sound respects and safeguards the privacy of its users. This policy outlines how we will do this, how we will use your personal information and how you can limit our use of this.
Your Internet browser has the in-built facility for storing small files- "cookies" - that hold information which allows a website to recognise your account. A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.Our website takes advantage of this facility to enhance your experience. You have the ability to prevent your computer from accepting cookies but, if you do, certain functionality on the website may be impaired. Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
- When you use an online form on our website we may need to know your name, email address and mobile number. This information is generally requested when registering for the site or when requesting a particular service, for example, when entering a competition. We gather this information to process your request and then it is used by us, to provide you with the service you have requested and to communicate with you on any matter relating to the provision of the service in general. For example entering you into competitions etc.
- We may also use this information to improve the website and our service, and to monitor website usage. We may provide this information to third parties but this will not include information identifying an individual.
- If you agree at registration, we may provide you with information about special features on our website or any special services, products or info. from 3rd parties which we think may interest you. If you do not want to receive this information you will find an unsubscribe link in your e-mail.
- We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal processes, we do not sell or otherwise share personally identifiable information with third parties without your consent except in the following instances:
Unless required by applicable law or pursuant to a court or similar order;
as deemed necessary, in our discretion, to protect the legal rights or the property of the Company, a registered user or third party, or to prevent personal injury; and/or iii. where we are approached with regard to the potential sale of the Company's business and/or assets or with regard to any joint venture arrangement, in such circumstances we reserve the right to pass on such personally identifiable information to our advisors and any prospective purchaser, as well as to any relevant parties.
How do we protect your information?
- We take care to protect your personal information that we collect and store it in secure operating environments that are not available to the public.
What should you do if your personal details change?
- We want to ensure that we provide you with the best possible service. Please therefore always keep us updated of any changes to your personal information, for example, if your e-mail address changes. Please do this by e-mailing email@example.com.
What does providing us with this information mean?
What should you do if you do not feel that we are adhering to this policy?
- If at any time you believe that Rock Sound has not adhered to these principles, please notify Rock Sound by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make any efforts we can to promptly determine and protect the problem.
What privacy regulations are there on Rock Sound partners sites?
- You should carefully examine the privacy statements of partner sites appearing on or linking to or from Rock Sound. Our partners sites are fully responsible for the privacy of their sites and personal information that you choose to provide will be subject to the terms of that website.
How do you contact us?
- If you would like to contact us to ask us anything about our site then please email us your suggestions to email@example.com
Competition Terms and Conditions
Any entrants under the age of 16 must have received the permission of their parents or one of their parents or a guardian.
Entrants must have registered with Rock Sound
Only one entry will be accepted per person.
The competition is open to UK and Ireland residents only. Overseas players are not eligible.
The prizewinners will be selected at random by Rock Sound editorial team.
Only the winners will be contacted personally via email within 28 days after the competition closing date.
A list of the winners will be available from Rock Sound.
Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred.
There will be no cash alternatives to prizes.
In the event of a problem in supplying the prize that you have won, we reserve the right to provide you with a substitute prize of equivalent quality or price.
Rock Sound does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
Rock Sound decision is final in every situation, including any not covered above and no correspondence will be entered into.
Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them.
This competition is not open to employees or contractors or Rock Sound or any person directly or indirectly involved in the organisation or running of the competition, or their direct family members.
Rock Sound shall be permitted to exclude any entrant at any time at its sole discretion.
The promoter is Rock Sound, Unit 22, Jack's Place, 6 Corbet Place, London E1 6NN.
The closing date for entries will be at the discretion of the promoter.
This agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales.