Our countdown of the Best Albums released in 2009 concludes, click to see the final 25!
We've had Part One and Part Two of our Top 75 Albums Of 2009, now it's time for the final countdown!
25. KARNIVOOL ‘Sound Awake’ (Sony)
24. 30 SECONDS TO MARS ‘This Is War’ (EMI / Virgin)
23. BILLY TALENT ‘Billy Talent III’ (Atlantic)
22. PELICAN ‘What We All Come To Need’ (Southern Lord)
21. SHRINEBUILDER ‘Shrinebuilder’ (Neurot)
20. ISIS ‘Wavering Radiant’ (Conspiracy)
19. PISSED JEANS ‘King Of Jeans’ (Sub Pop)
18. TWIN ATLANTIC ‘Vivarium’ (Red Bull)
17. LAMB OF GOD ‘Wrath’ (Roadrunner)
16. STEEL PANTHER ‘Feel The Steel’ (Universal / Island)
15. MUSE ‘The Resistance’ (Warner Music)
14. BRAND NEW ‘Daisy’ (Interscope)
13. PORCUPINE TREE ‘The Incident’ (Roadrunner)
12. ALICE IN CHAINS ‘Black Gives Way To Blue’ (EMI / Virgin)
11. THRICE ‘Beggars’ (Vagrant)
10. MARIACHI EL BRONX ‘El Bronx’ (Wichita)
09. FUTURE OF THE LEFT ‘Travels With Myself And Another’ (4AD)
08. KYLESA ‘Static Tensions’ (Prosthetic)
07. THE GHOST OF A THOUSAND ‘New Hopes, New Demonstrations’ (Epitaph)
06. AND SO I WATCH YOU FROM AFAR ‘And So I Watch You From Afar’ (Smalltown America)
05. BARONESS ‘Blue Record’ (Relapse)
04. PARAMORE ‘Brand New Eyes’ (Fueled By Ramen)
03. BIFFY CLYRO ‘Only Revolutions’ (14th Floor)
02. CONVERGE ‘Axe To Fall’ (Epitaph)
01. MASTODON ‘Crack The Skye’ (Reprise)
Mastodon guitarist Bill Kelliher had this to say about the award for Top Album Of The Year:
"It's great! Awesome! Writing it we had some setbacks, but it's really nice to be appreciated."
For more get the new issue of Rock Sound that comes complete with a free Paramore 2010 Calendar and a Ones To Watch CD featuring 15 of the hottest new and exclusive tracks from our hitlist including Japanese Voyeurs, Dinosaur Pile-Up, Sick Puppies, Blackstorm, The Swellers and more.
Hello there. Day three of Sonisphere Festival is warming up nicely, and we've got reviews, photos and a whole lot more coming today from the likes of Metallica, The Bronx, Mastodon, Gallows and Gojira. You're going to want to stick around for this one.
Have a look at today's stage times, and we'll see you in the pit.
After the NFL Superbowl reportedly began asking for artists to pay to play their famous half time show, and You Me At Six have responded in the most hilarious way possible. Anyone for a game of proper football?