Issue 202 - August 2015
Welcome, Twenty One Pilots. |-/Buy Issue
History in the making as Skrillex graces the cover of Rock Sound this month, for 20 more good reasons to pick up the latest magazine keep reading...
To find your nearest UK stockist click here and if you're overseas, click here to order this issue direct to your door.
1. Skrillex – On the cover of a UK magazine for the very first time, we get full access to hard-hitting musical pioneer Skrillex who tells us his story in music and guides you on a journey into the future of aggressive music.
2. Slipknot – We speak to everyone from producer Ross Robinson to the band themselves about the bleakest period of the band’s career, the recording of ‘Iowa’. Hear Sid Wilson’s take on the impact that the death of his grandfather had on the record, understand the inner turmoil of Corey Taylor’s darkest years and more!
3. Black Veil Brides – Andy Biersack reveals all about his childhood, his neighbourhood and the birth of his extreme work ethic.
4. Free Posters – Everybody loves free shit and we’re giving you free posters of Bring Me The Horizon, Young Guns, New Found Glory and You Me At Six!
5. Lou Reed & Metallica – How bad is it? The verdict is in and it’s not good.
6. Enter Shikari – In the studio and getting the insider knowledge on their upcoming album, ‘A Flash Flood Of Colour’.
7. Patrick Stump – From pop-punk lover to fuck soul brother, we bring you the reinvention of former Fall Out Boy, Patrick Stump.
8. Machine Head – In one of the most explosive interviews he’s ever given, Machine Head’s Robb Flynn takes us through his darkness within. Through drug battles and therapy to salvation through metal, this is one not to be missed for any Machine Head
9. letlive. – Jason Butler takes you through his love of hip-hop (including some totally bad-ass rappers we’d never heard of).
10. Cobra Starship – What’s your guilty pop pleasure? Gabe Saporta picks his own top of the pops!
11. Young Guns – Everything you need to know about their comeback single, ‘Learn My Lesson’, the lyrical inspiration for their forthcoming 2nd album and behind the scenes of their London Forum show!
12. Rise To Remain – Answering your questions and getting well and truly Dennis Penis’d, we pit the new British metal heroes against your hardest questions.
13. Four Year Strong – Back in business and this time it’s serious, go into the reinvention of Four Year Strong!
14. 23 New bands In Exposure – Leading the charge with the mighty Trapped Under Ice, there’s also the story behind some of the world’s greatest up and coming bands: A Loss For Words, The Dirty Youth, Uneven Structure, Flux Pavillion, Ocasan, Hymns and more!
15. Breathe Carolina – How does a puppy keep a band sane? Find out with electro-rockers.
16. La Dispute – One of the hardcore albums of the year is laid bare in our in-depth chat with La Dispute’s Jordan Dreyer.
17. Deaf Havana – Our verdict on their eagerly-anticipated and hotly-tipped new album, ‘Fools And Worthless Liars’.
18. Every Time I Die – The headliners of the Rock Sound Riot tour tell you about their life on the road and how they nearly quit it all (in Blackpool, of all places!)
19. Will Haven – The return of one of the most well-loved and devastating bands from the turn of the millennium. Give praise to the return of Sacramento’s Will Haven!
20. Free 15 track CD! – With tracks from Four Year Strong, Five Finger Death Punch, Machine Head, La Dispute, Verses, Trapped Under Ice, Lifeless and more!
Welcome, Twenty One Pilots. |-/Buy Issue
Welcome Sleeping With Sirens back to the cover of Rock Sound!Buy Issue
Rock Sound 200 and the exclusive, FREE covers CD are here. We've been dying to tell you about this one.Buy Issue
In RS199, we step behind the scenes of one of the world’s hottest bands – All Time Low – as they teeter on the edge of superstardom. Elsewhere, Danny Worsnop talks We Are Harlot, Asking Alexandria and more, we hear about the songs that inspired Frank Iero and My Chemical Romance, and we dip behind the scenes on Architects’ biggest ever tour.
PLUS: There are eight FREE ALL TIME LOW POSTERS. FREE, we say.
In RS198, we shine a light on the 59 bands you need in your lives right now including As It Is, Beartooth, PVRIS, Set It Off, Marmozets and a load of other great new acts you might not have heard yet. OH! There’s also the WORLD EXCLUSIVE review of All Time Low’s ‘Future Hearts’, a FREE Pure Noise Records sampler and a Slam Dunk Festival poster special!Buy Issue
In RS197 we welcome back rock’s most controversial son to the cover of Rock Sound but this time, we find out why he’s not here to fight. PLUS we speak to Asking Alexandria’s Ben Bruce about his upcoming solo album, Emma Blackery and Against The Current are welcomed with opens arms and you’ll get eight classic Time Warp posters of your favourite bands!
FREE WITH THE MAG: eight classic Time Warp posters of Paramore, Bring Me The Horizon, All Time Low, Fall Out Boy and more, and your free monthly fix of loudness is back with our 100% Volume CD